Tuesday 16 June 2009

How to Get Inspired...


Look at the light! There are dark moody clouds, sunbeams and a magical glow, all I've got to do is find a subject...

For a couple of years I've been trawling around the Bathgate Hills in West Lothian to carry out my landscape photography - I think I've pretty much shot everything now and frankly it's becoming stale. So when I see great light I get dejected as there's nothing new to shoot!

Last weekend however, I trudged off to the car with my whole set of kit and went for a drive. The roads up there are often single track and as ever, I had to pull into a lay by to let a tractor past. As I waited, my eye's fell onto the verge side plants...hmmmm.... Out I got, macro lens attached to my 40D, and started snapping. before I knew it I had taken 30 shots in 20 minutes. there were tons of subjects and I was having a great time. I spent the next 2 hours driving from lay by to lay by, shooting everything within 20 yards of the car. As I did so I started to look up and see shots that I had not noticed before. Now, like 2 years ago, I can't wait top get back up into the Bathgate Hills again.

No comments:

Post a Comment